Use the Find & Replace action to find records with a certain value in a field, and replace that value in bulk.
The value to search for on records can be a set value, or a value that follows a certain pattern and can be found by using a regular expression. The value that is searched for can be the entire value of a field, or part of it.
Then, on the found records, the value that was searched for can be replaced with a set value, or with a Field Variable that then enters a different value per record.
Find and replace values on records
- Select the records that you want to find and replace a value on in a list view, or by creating a new job.
- In the Action Launcher (top right in list view, or the next window in the DAP Job modal), select Find & Replace and click Next.
- In the next window, specify your find and replace action.
- At Field, select the field that contains the value you want to replace.
- At Operator, select the operator you want to use to find the value, e.g. Ends With, Equals, or a regular expression.
- At Find, enter the value you want to search for, or the regular expression you want to use.
- If applicable, indicate whether the search should be case sensitive or not.
- At Replace with, enter the new value. You can enter a single value to replace all found values with, or a field variable that can enter a different value on each record.
- Indicate the replacement method to use: replace the entire string, or replace the partial string.
'Replace entire string' replaces the entire field value, even if you only searched for part of that value; 'Replace partial string' replaces only the value you entered at Find, not the entire value of the field.
- Click Add New Find & Replace if you want find and replace multiple values on the same set of records.
- Click Next.
- In the confirmation window, check the changes you will be making and click Start.
- If you ran the action from a list view: once the progress bar is at 100% completed, click Finish to return to the object overview.
If you ran the action as a Job, you are returned to the Job Overview, where you can view the job results information via the Info button.
You have now replaced a value on all selected records.