This article is also available as a how-to video. Watch now.
Learn how to configure your scenario, start a new job, review the results and process them.
Step 1 Navigate to the DC Job page
To find duplicate records in Salesforce, you need to run a 'DC Job'.
- Navigate to the Duplicate Check app in Salesforce.
- Navigate to the DC Job page.
We're now looking at the DC Job page. DC Job shows jobs that are currently running and jobs that are completed. If you have scheduled jobs, you can find them at the 'Scheduled' tab.
- Learn more about scheduling jobs.
Step 2 Add a new job
We're now starting a new job to find existing duplicate records.
- Click 'Add New Job'.
- At 'Job Name', enter a name for your job. You can enter any value.
- At 'Select Object', select the Object you want to find duplicate records in. If your Object is not on the list, you can add it to the DC Setup page.
- Learn more about configuring other Objects
- Optional: if you have enabled 'Cross Object' for this Object, a new option appears called 'Match With'. We can now decide what Object to match the Object defined at 'Select Object'. By selecting two different Objects, Duplicate Check will compare records from Object A with Object B, for example, "Lead to Account".
- Learn more about Cross Object
- At 'Scenario', you can decide what scenario you want to use in this job. A scenario decides based on what fields you want to compare records. You can configure your scenarios on the DC Setup page.
- Learn more about Scenarios
- Optional: decide if you want to apply a filter to your job. A filter allows you to run the job on a subset of your data, based on your own set criteria. For example, only include records from a certain branch or user.
- Optional: decide if you want to schedule your batch to run at a day and time you define.
- Learn more about scheduled jobs
- Optional: decide if you want to add an automated merge before starting the job. This is only recommended to use when absolutely sure of the results you are going to receive. Merging records cannot be undone.
You can also decide to manually start an auto-merge at a later point, after reviewing your results.
- Learn more about Auto Merge
- Click 'Start' to start the job.
Step 3 Review results and merge duplicate records
- Click 'View Results' to open up the results page.
At the results page, Duplicate Check indexed your duplicate records in groups. Open up all groups by clicking the downwards pointing arrow on the top right.
- Review your results. If you come across a group that has false positive results, discard the group. You do that by entering the drop down at the end of the table.
- After discarding the false positive groups, you can start merging your records.
Click the 'merge' button to access the manual merge page. At the manual merge page, you can pick the field values you would like to keep in the master record.
Learn more about the Manual Merge
By clicking 'Quick Merge' for a group, the group is merged right away, taking into account the 'Merge Rules' defined in the DC Setup.
Learn more about Merge Rules
From the job overview page, you can access the 'Auto Merge' button. Using the Auto Merge button will merge all duplicate groups in the job.
Learn more Auto-Merge
When merging records, Duplicate Check will re-parent all related objects automatically. You will never lose any information, except for the field values that you choose not to keep in the master record.