Step 1 Activate Cross Object in DC Setup
To start working with cross object, you need to adjust a setting in the DC Setup. To find out how, check out this short article or this short video.
Step 2 Map fields between your Objects
After activating the feature, we have to map fields between the objects you want to run a cross object job in. By doing this, we're defining what field in Object A should be compared in Object B.
Duplicate Check has mapped the most logical fields for Lead to Contact and Lead to Account. If you want to map additional fields, check out this guide or watch this short video.
Step 3 Start a new job
To analyze your database for duplicate records, start a DC Job.
- Navigate to the DC Job page.
- Click 'Add New Job.'
- At 'Job name' enter a name for your job.
- At 'Select Object', select the first Object you want to include in the cross object search.
- At 'Match With,' select the second Object you want to include in the cross object search.
- At 'Scenario', pick the scenario you want to apply to your job.
Note: Only scenarios from the Object that is selected at 'Match With' are available for selection.
Learn more about scenarios in this article.
- Decide if you want to add a filter, schedule the job, or add an automated merge.
- Click 'Start.'
- After the job is finished, access the results by clicking 'View Results.'
- You have successfully executed a Duplicate Check Cross Object job.