Step 1 Activate Cross Object in DC Setup
Step 2 Map fields between your Objects
After activating the feature, we have to map fields between the objects you want to run a cross object job in. By doing this, we're defining what field in Object A should be compared in Object B.
Step 3 Start a new job
To analyze your database for duplicate records, start a DC Job.
- Navigate to the DC Job page.
- Click 'Add New Job.'
- At 'Job name' enter a name for your job.
- At 'Select Object', select the first Object you want to include in the cross object search.
- At 'Match With,' select the second Object you want to include in the cross object search.
- At 'Scenario', pick the scenario you want to apply to your job.
Note: Only scenarios from the Object that is selected at 'Match With' are available for selection.
Learn more about scenarios in this article.
- Decide if you want to add a filter, schedule the job, or add an automated merge.
- Click 'Start.'
- After the job is finished, access the results by clicking 'View Results.'
- You have successfully executed a Duplicate Check Cross Object job.