Step 1 Adding Record Validation Live to a Object Layout
Add the Record Validation Live component from "Salesforce Lightning App Builder'.
- Navigate to the Object you want to add Record Validation Live for.
- Click on a record and open it.
- On the top right of the page, click the Salesforce Setup icon and choose 'Edit Page':
- At the left, under 'Custom- Managed' find the Record Validation custom component and place it by just clicking on it or dragging it to the Salesforce Builder.
- You can place it on the central default position by clicking on it or, drag it to the right side of the layout to view it in a more compact way.
When the component is placed on the right side of the layout the "Show less columns" checkbox must be checked.
Watch this short video of how to add RV Live to the right side of your page layout in Salesforce Lightning.
Record Validation Live positions on the page layout
After deploying and positioning the Record Validation Live component on the page layout, click the 'Save' button to activate it and make it visible.
Step 2 Configure Record Validation Live
Apply and configure a scenario for Record Validation Live
For Address Validations navigate to this article.
For Phone Number Validations navigate to this article.
For Email Validations navigate to this article.