It’s time for another round-up in the world of data management solutions, and today we’re putting two top contenders in the realm of Salesforce data management up against each other. When it comes to duplicate data management in Salesforce, things wouldn’t be right without a comparison of ZoomInfo OperationsOS and Plauti Duplicate Check. Both products offer some great functionality for addressing the issue of duplicate data in Salesforce, and in this article we will delve into what puts them in the same bucket, but also what sets them both apart from each other. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Some features at a glance:
OperationsOS (RingLead) overview
Is it RingLead or OperationsOS? To be honest, it’s a little confusing at first glance. Let’s clarify this as best we can: In September 2021 ZoomInfo acquired RingLead to incorporate many of the data management features. Originally, RingLead was a Salesforce solution with the goal to ‘’Enrich, Cleanse, and Dedupe your B2B Data’’. After acquisition, RingLead was placed in the ZoomInfo’s OperationsOS tech stack. On the website today, the solution is labeled: OperationsOS (RingLead). However, on the Salesforce AppExchange, the product is listed as RingLead by Zoominfo with a link directing ZoomInfo’s OperationsOS page. It looks like a bit of branding grey area, it seem we can use the terms RingLead / OperationsOS interchangeably.
OperationsOS labels itself as an all-in-one data orchestration tool, encapsulating aspects of data management such as standardization, validation as well as the finding and removal of duplicate data. For many validation and enrichment purposes, ZoomInfo uses their own ‘’B2B Database’, or first party collection of data, which also functions as a core aspect of their offering. Let’s explore some of the main features of OperationsOS.
- Data Deduplication – You won’t get far in data management without managing duplicate data. OperationsOS can identify and deduplicate poor data. It also offers the ability to automate deduplication with customized rules and deduplicate records across any object. Additionally,
- Data Cleansing – OperationsOS promises to cleanse Salesforce data of errors and inconsistencies. Data cleansing also encapsulates standardization & normalization, for instance, standardizing the format of phone numbers.
- Data Enrichment – Using external sources, OperationsOS can enrich your customer data with additional information.
Sixty sources for Data Enrichment
With enriched data you can better tailor interactions with your audience using additional knowledge and insights bestowed by data enrichment. ZoomInfo also makes use of third party and first party vendors for enrichment purposes with a total of sixty data sources. This means you can possibly find information about niche businesses through their B2B Database that might not typically be available on other B2B databases. It can therefore be said that ZoomInfo’s ability for enrichment goes further than other solutions ability to enrich and validate data.
OperationsOS let you take control of routing leads in Salesforce with an automated, rules-based round-robin system. The capabilities allow for some cool ways to route leads in your organization. For instance:
- Assign leads reps based on their workload or experience
- Customize lead distribution with weighted distributions
- Use the dashboard to generate activity reports, as well as manage and monitor lead distribution
Since rebranding to OperationsOS, It’s not abundantly clear whether OperationsOS is installed native from Salesforce, as ‘’RingLead’’, or implemented as a third party solution. OperationsOS have received some flak for difficulties with implementation, so this might be something to be aware of.
Additionally, reviews have mentioned expensive implementation costs, and when trying to gauge the pricing on the ZoomInfo website there is nothing specific about these costs. If you are considering OperationOS, be aware that you should weigh the cost of implementation into your decision.
The only public available pricing atm comes from the Salesforce AppExchange listing for RingLead.
Starting price: $1,600 per company / month
Duplicate Check overview
Plauti Duplicate Check is a native Salesforce solution that offers a range of cutting edge duplicate management features. From sophisticated algorithms and fuzzy matching methods, Duplicate Check efficiently detects duplicate records within the Salesforce platform as well prevents them in real-time. It provides adaptable matching rules that can be tailored to align with the unique needs of an organization. For example, users have the capability to specify the fields for comparison, allocate varying importance to individual fields, and establish the threshold for identifying duplicates. There’s a bunch of cool features from Duplicate Check, let’s look at some more.
- Batch detection – An impactful aspect of Duplicate Check's capabilities lies in its capacity to execute a batch task, referred to as a "Duplicate Check Job," aimed at discovering all prevalent duplicate records within any given object. This Duplicate Check Job can be initiated within a single object or extended to identify duplicates across two distinct objects.
- Prevention – Safeguard against the occurrence of duplicates by meticulously overseeing each entry. Whether you're in the process of updating, creating, or utilizing the Quick Create function, Duplicate Check remains vigilant, notifying you of possible duplicates. Beyond merely inspecting records during the saving process, Duplicate Check also conducts scans for duplicates as you construct or modify a record.
- Real-time – Direct Processing stands as a proactive feature that seamlessly consolidates and transforms duplicate records at the entry stage, eliminating the need for any manual intervention whatsoever. Notably, it possesses the ability to handle incoming records into your Salesforce system from diverse origins, encompassing sources like Web-to-Lead, API Bulk Insert, and the API Single Insert functionality.
Duplicate Check Pros
Processing options – In terms of processing alternatives, Duplicate Check stands out as unparalleled. It provides unmatched flexibility in data processing and remains the sole solution that presents three distinct processing options:
- Local Machine: Use your local machine to process a job.
- Salesforce: Execute a job within the inherent Salesforce cloud environment.
- Plauti Cloud: For substantial tasks requiring enhanced processing capabilities.
Native = Seamless Integration: Native Salesforce solutions are purposefully crafted to seamlessly integrate with the Salesforce platform. They capitalize on Salesforce's inherent functionality, data structure, and user interface, streamlining the implementation process. Conversely, non-native solutions might necessitate supplementary configuration, mapping, and integration endeavors to harmonize with Salesforce.
Familiarity and Consistency: Native Salesforce solutions mirror the core platform's user interface, navigation, and terminology. This inherent similarity empowers users and administrators to swiftly grasp and embrace the novel solution, minimizing the learning curve. Non-native solutions could introduce distinct interfaces or workflows, prompting users to adapt to a new system and possibly undergo additional training.
Define your rules: At Plauti, we see all data as valuable data, but every organization should have control over how to treat duplicate data. Some organizations might want to ‘’hard block’’ duplicate data upon entry, meaning a duplicate record cannot be created. If that control seems too tight, you can disable hard block and review duplicate data entries later.
Compared to OperationsOS, Duplicate Check validation and enrichment features may not be as developed. Although data enrichment is a great thing to have, Duplicate Check really focuses on managing duplicate data. For validation features, we encourage readers to look at Plauti Record Validation.
Duplicate Check Pricing
At time of publication the current Duplicate Check plans and pricing options are as follows:
Free / Free Plus version – Unlimited trial version with some restricted functionality
Advanced – Starting at $588 / year (14-day trial available)
Premium – Starting at $2772 / year (14-day trial available)
Enterprise – Custom price on request
* Usually, additional seats come at extra cost, but this is not the case with Duplicate Check. Duplicate Check includes unlimited seats on every available edition. Having unlimited seats to assign to your users is a powerful feature. You can easily delegate data hygiene tasks to more users, extending the power of all the features available. The philosophy at Plauti is to enable all users to be a part of the data hygiene journey.
Try Duplicate Check for free today!
Duplicate Check vs OperationsOS – Data enrichment / data validation
When it comes to validation and normalization, it can be said that OperationsOS has extended possibilities to enrich data using their wide array of B2B databases. With that said, if you’re also interested in validation, be sure check out Plauti Record Validation. It integrates seamlessly with Duplicate Check and presents the ability to validate / verify email addresses, phones numbers and physical addresses.
Duplicate Check vs OperationsOS – Duplicate Management
Duplicate management is the cornerstone of clean data, and essential for maintaining a healthy data ecosystem. In this regard, it’s hard to beat a solution like Plauti Duplicate Check. Plauti Duplicate Check offers an extensive set of merge rules, allowing you to merge duplicate records with granular control. On top of this, the fact that Duplicate Check comes with unlimited seats means that data hygiene can more easily be embraced holistically by giving the power to all (or some) users to partake in data management.
Duplicate Check vs OperationsOS – G2
Okay, we’ve looked at some of the functionalities and benefits on paper. But what do the users say? When it comes to comparing business software solutions, a trusted source known for collecting great data and reviews is G2. Let’s look at some ratings and comments from G2 in their comparison of OperationsOS & Duplicate Check.
*Bear in mind, these scores and comments are updated frequently on G2, so be sure to check out the latest scores.
G2 also mentions the following about Duplicate Check vs OperationsOS:
When assessing the two solutions, reviewers found:
- Duplicate Check for Salesforce meets the needs of their business better than ZoomInfo OperationsOS/RingLead.
- When comparing quality of ongoing product support, reviewers felt that Duplicate Check for Salesforce is the preferred option.
- For feature updates and roadmaps, our reviewers preferred the direction of Duplicate Check for Salesforce over ZoomInfo OperationsOS/RingLead.
To conclude this article, we can start by saying both Duplicate Check and OperationsOS score great on reviews and seem to offer their own strengths. When it comes to additional data validation techniques, OperationsOS seems to take the cake with their first and third party data services. On the other hand, if it’s down to data hygiene capabilities, Duplicate Check comes out on top by pushing the boundary of duplicate management in Salesforce. Additionally, since Duplicate Check is a native Salesforce solution, implementation is generally considered easier.
At the end of the day, there are many factors to consider when looking at a data management solution. Generally, solutions are not one-size-fits-all, and requirements need to be balanced with the needs and outcomes expected from an organization. If you’re still curious about data hygiene in your organization and want to learn more about it, book a meeting with one of our subject matter experts at Plauti, it takes less than a minute. Start the path to data happiness today!